Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Next Of Kin

They called me in to verify that the body was hers. Not that they really needed it, but... yeah. That was fun.

She was stabbed twelve times in the back with some sort of broad-bladed knife, it looks like. Twelve big long lines carved into her. Pretty deep, as well. And the wounds were in a sort of weird pattern, like two Roman-numeral X's right next to each other.

Had to go be sick for a while, after that. I was majoring in economics, not forensics. So that wasn't exactly cool.

I'm going to miss her. Allie was always the one I liked, in my family. She was my best friend growing up.  She was the only one who actually was willing to help me out when I lost my scholarships. I was looking forward to seeing her again.

They said they found her will, too, when they were searching the house. It's all mine, apparently, as soon as the cops are done investigating.

I'm in no hurry. I don't know how much time I want to spend in the house where my big sister was ritual-murdered.

2 comments:

  1. With your financial situation, you might not have much of a choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's... yeah. I can't afford to stay in the hotel much longer, even though it's dirt-cheap.

      And no, they haven't found any suspects yet.

      Delete